Built on the site of a former Air Force base, Lowry is a modern, mixed-use community.
Recipient of the Governor’s Award for Smart Growth, Lowry is a model for city planning and extends historic elements of Denver such as the grand homes along 6th Ave. Residential development includes everything from traditional single-family homes to more urban-style lofts. Parks and walking paths give residents easy access to enjoy the outdoors. Lowry is also home to a variety of businesses, many of which have transformed existing structures such as airplane hangars.
At nearly 800 acres, Lowry’s parks and recreational areas will be equal in size to 20 percent of all park space in Denver. Demonstrating respect for Colorado’s environment, Lowry’s parks are built responsibly, with 35 percent of the total acreage devoted to native plants and grasses, and less than half slated for sod, some of which include low water grass varieties. Lowry’s parks and recreational areas include neighborhood parks, regional parks, a sports complex, golf course, natural areas, a community recreation center and an ice arena.
- Between 11th, Alameda, Yosemite and Monaco Parkway
- Lowry Elementary
- Vanguard Classical School
- Matchboeuf High School
- Colorado Free University
- Stanley British Primary School
- Montclair Academy
- Harvest Café (deli)
- Pei Wei (Asian)
- Lowry Tavern (pub) live music downstairs at The Soiled Dove
- Salty Ritas (Mexican).
Things to do:
- Shopping in Lowry Towne Center including Ella Bleu for the ladies, Timbuk Toys for the kids, and Chewy’s for spoiling your pooch.
- Aviation & Space Center of the Rockies
- Big Bear Ice Arena
Contact Us to learn more about this neighborhood.